Healthserv Los Baños Medical Center is committed to protect our customers’ personal data privacy. Thus, this document is for you to understand what we are collecting from you and how we use your personal data.
The Personal Data We Collect
We request information from the different units of our hospital that may be used to personally identify you, including but not limited to:
- Your personal information such as your name, gender, data of birth, marital status, religion, ID cards/licenses information or other personal identifiers;
- Your contact information and your emergency contact person’s information such as telephone numbers, mailing address, email address and mobile number;
- Your credit or debit card information and billing information, including name of cardholder, card number, billing address and expiry date;
- Your business information such as company name, business title and associated contact information;
- Your insurance information such as your policy number and package coverage;
- Your responses to marketing information, survey or other marketing contest conducted by us or on our behalf;
- Most importantly your health history, sign and symptoms and other data related to your health.
Certain personal data are mandatory such failure to provide those data correctly may affect the delivery of certain services.
Purpose for which your Personal Data are Collected and Used
We may use your personal data for one or more of the following purposes:
- To process and administer your admission, appointment and/or other medical services with or through us.
- For identification or verification purposes in connection with any of the services or products that may be supplied to you;
- To facilitate the payment for products and services provided by us or our subsidiaries including verification of credit card details and the relevant banks’ database.
- For marketing, promotional and customer relationship management purposes, such as sending you our hospital updates and offers;
- To contact you regarding your inquiries;
- To disclose to a third party to comply with any law, legal requirements, orders, directions or requests from any court, authority or government body of any jurisdiction;
- To disclose with our parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, accredited information processors and partner establishments only for the following reasons:
- easier and faster processing of the information submitted, if admitted in one of the Hospital’s affiliates;
- faster and seamless transactions with third-parties in relation to Hospital payment/billing/benefits, whether government or private; and,
- for the central database to analyze, formulate, and create, statistical data, programs, and strategies, to better serve its patients and clients.
We do not share your information for any other purposes.
Customer’s Right to Data Privacy
Right to be informed – Whether personal data pertaining to you are being, or have been processed, and the fair processing of personal information.
Right to object – This includes the right to withhold consent to the processing in case of changes or amendment to the information supplied.
Right to access – To reasonably access, upon demand, the contents of your processed personal data, the sources from which these were obtained, the recipients and reasons for disclosure to these recipients, the processing manner and the date when your personal data was last accessed or modified. (Please refer to Medical Records Department protocol).
Right to rectify – To dispute the inaccuracy or error in your personal data.
Right to erase or block – To suspend, withdraw or order the blocking of your personal data from the filing system.
Right to damages – Indemnity for any damages sustained due to inaccurate, false, unlawful or unauthorized use of personal information.
Right to data portability – To obtain a copy of your personal data processed by electronic means.
How to Access or Correct Your Personal Data
We aim to ensure that all information we hold about you is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date. If any of the information we hold about you is inaccurate and either you advise us or we become otherwise aware, we will ensure it is amended and updated as soon as possible. To do so, please contact us at (049) 536-4858 local 608 or by email – [email protected]